Need Sugestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_doctor

Beta member
Hey everyone, I'm working on a computer and Internet Explorer will occasionally crash due to an Access Violation (0xc0000005). The error report lists two faulting modules, iexplorer.exe and sysig32.dll. I have no #%^*! clue what sysig32.dll is. I did a google search for it, and nothing. IE seemed to only crash when java was being loaded, but only sometimes. So, I uninstalled java, and put the latest j2re on there, sped up java, but still the problem is there. Ran 3 virus scans and they all came up clean(updated the definitions also). Ran a Spyware/adware scan, and it came up clean, so I'm at a loss. I'm going to try two more options, and that's scanning the computer for corrupted system files, but I don't think this'll work since I couldn't find anything about the problem on Microsoft's website. The other solution is to put the file on a floppy disk and then delete it from the computer and see what happens. I'm fairly confident it's nothing important becuase it's in the Application Data folder under the Users My Documents folder. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard or experienced this? Any advice or suggestions that any of you have is appreciated. I've looked all over, and haven't come across situations like this, and the only one that resembled this was with different faulting modules. So anything would be appreciated. The System is a Sharp RD-10 Laptop, Windows XP home, P4, 512 DDR, 60GB. If this helps anyone. Thanks.

I would run a Windows XP "repair". This will restore the OS files to there original state not afffecting your current data on the machine.

Are all the windows and laptop updates done? You know that from time-to-time the manufacture puts out updates also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom