Expensive PC but Awful 3dMark Score... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** is right... you guys don't have to tear him to pieces. Not everyone knows how to build computers or even what parts are good. I do agree, however, that you bought (or were given) a computer that has 3 year old parts in it. That won't give you much future proofing or a high 3dmark score. If you have any questions just PM me.

Which brings me to one more question... since apparently my processor just sucks balls, could an AMD 64 fit into an ASUS A7N8X-E mobo?

I don't intend on being mean to anyone, I know everyone is a nub at first, I also don't want to give the impression that crap parts are worth upgrading 1 at a time. Sometimes you are almost better-off selling it for what ever you can get and starting from scratch.

Actually I have a similar issue, my work is offering me a computer for $100. I don't know what it is or what hardware is in it yet but it wouldn't be pure crap, I think it is a NetVista thing. Anyone think I should get it for 100 bucks or should I just build a really cheap one on my own. I don't need this for gaming I just need it for web surfing etc. for my wife.

If anyone has any thoughts feel free to PM me or post or email me at bwinn@snapapps.com

doublebassdanny said:
Which brings me to one more question... since apparently my processor just sucks balls, could an AMD 64 fit into an ASUS A7N8X-E mobo?
No it won't work. You will need a socket 939 motherboard.

100 bucks sounds good if all you need it for is websurfing, you could build one but it would certainly cost more then 100 bucks. As long as you know its working I'd go for it.

Hey chevytrucknut where did you get your Big Typhoon from? I am going to get one here in the near future so i can OC the **** out of my system without it cookin

jeez you guys are rude. I dont think everyone had 1000$ to just fork out to get a good pc. It doesnt neccesarily need to be top of the line for everyone for them to be happy. I know just to improve his would be less than that but i would not fork out that much just to get outdated real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom