USB Ports are dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Baseband Member
Hi there, I have 2 USB ports on the front panel of my PC. One is completely dead, nothing happens at all when a device is plugged in ie a joystick, camera, ipod etc. The other port is malfunctioning, for example when i plug a joystick in it makes the little 'beep' which you would expect, and in the control panel/game contollers list, the joystick momentarily appears, but then disappears after a couple of seconds. I've gone into device manager, and checked the USB Root Hub properties, which recognises the Logitech joystick as present and requiring 30mA, (with 500 available). The USB ports at the rear of the PC which are on a PCI card are working fine. I'm running WinXP sp2. Any thoughts?
Cheers Fishy
:eek:

It's a custom pc, i upgraded it a few months ago with a new psu, an Antec 480w, and a new gfx card 6600gt, first one port died, but the other was ok, now the second one is malfunctioning. Could it be that the ports have burnt out?

I have the same problem with my custom built pc except it came with the 2 in the front not working and I can't find away to fix them!!!

I have 8 usb on the motherboard so I don't really need 2 in the front!!!

i've ordered a 4 port powered hub which i'll run off one of the rear ports now, so i'll make do with that until i next upgrade the case. Thx for your input chaps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom