3dmark06 dropping??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they only released a new one every other year, meaning the next one would be in 07.

After looking up 3dMark06, it looks like 2 7800GTX 512s in SLI will only manage 11.2 fps average in this benchmark. I wonder if this is a forshadow what's comming in games in the next few years. I also wonder if they will ever reach a limit on how far they can push graphics, software wise that is.

beedubaya said:
I thought they only released a new one every other year, meaning the next one would be in 07.

After looking up 3dMark06, it looks like 2 7800GTX 512s in SLI will only manage 11.2 fps average in this benchmark. I wonder if this is a forshadow what's comming in games in the next few years. I also wonder if they will ever reach a limit on how far they can push graphics, software wise that is.

I doubt it. Once again the companies sell to the consumers, and they want to sell their games for a lot of money, therfor they aren't going to aim for people with super computers. The whole Unreal Tournament thing still has you all worked up, doesn't it?

well i actually think all these guys with sli.. .. were expecting a long lasting killer gaming rig. but really nvidia,ati, will not slow down on the new video cards. so what im saying is you guys with sli systems are going to HAVE slow SYSTEMS in no time. its like bad a.ss for 6 months then its like SHET!!, i need a faster video card lol. i mean didnt ati just come out with the x1800 series, and along comes the x1900! wow 7800gtx is already old news. the 6800 ultra isnt even mentioned anymore even though it domenated the agp overall. and its almost like ati doesnt want to make money, becasue if they did they WOULD MILK THERE X1800 SERIES LIKE SONY DID THE PS2! LOL ARE THEY STILL MAKING GAMES FOR THAT SYSTEM? wow... i say buy a single video card. and when it slows down sell it, get a new one! instead of buying 2.

My understanding is that 3DMark graphics benchmarking program is released with a new version every two years, on the odd numbered years, and their PC benchmarking program on the even numbered years.

Graphics are advancing at such a rate that they need to release a new 3dMark every year to keep stressing the cards to their max.

As for SLI, people say they are futureproofing, but I can bet money that many of those getting 2 7800GTXs will abandon them in favor of G71s or G80s. Graphics advance so fast that you can't really futureproof, so just upgrade your card when games no longer run satisfactory on your current one.

And I might upgrade to a G80 for UT2007 if i can't play at 1280x1024, but only because i must play at 1280x1024 and will not settle for 1024x768.

Well, if my 6800gt hadn't taken a crap on me, and I wouldn't have needed to get a 7800GT to replace it, I could have upgraded sooner. Oh well, I am waiting for the G80 and whatever ati has for that anyway.... The G71 and R580 are just refresh's of old hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom