Pushing ur Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayare012

In Runtime
Ok.... um i read somewhere someone had their xfx 6800gs overclocked equel to a 7800gtx and i was wonderin if i could do that with my gigabyte. The thing is is that um i thought about trying to push it as far as it could go by doing the same thing i did before with my old pci gpu. Hrmm during the summer I took like a 20inch fan and opened the side of my case and sat it their being the genius that i am. So.... i guess what im askin is if its bad on my graphics card if i crank it all the way up and provide cooling in a way like that lol.

in all honesty it really isnt that much more efficient because all it does is disrupt the standard flow of air through the case. However about a 6800gs overclocked to be equal t a 7800gtx that is bull ****ing ****

No matter how much you overclock a 6800gs it will never beat a 7800gtx

hmm ima look for that thread. so u guys can see the guy had a 6800gs xfx overclocked enough to beat a 7800gtx stock. O yea and are those pci slot fans worth gettin cuz i dont think my case has enough air flow. only like 2 fans.

See thats not really a fair thing seeing as its been volt modded which in all my opinion is not exactly the smartest thing to try and do. Also my 7800gt scored that same score so woop di doo lol

anyways i doubt youll hit half of what the guys oc was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom