which older video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckynunn

Solid State Member
I have been attempting to do this on my own--I asked about the PCI/PCIe difference the other day--I definitely need a PCI card--I have found some that I think will serve my needs as a light-weight gamer (mainly point/click adventure like Myst:URU and my son has WOW)--I am not interested in a card that will blow everyone else away in speed and specs. and whatever else--only one that will let me play this myst game that I have had new in the box since the night I bought the computer new (5/04)--and I like buying older games because of price and the fact that there are hundreds out there to choose from
Now, if you could take a few minutes to look at the following cards that I have compiled for possible purchase to let me reach this goal and let me know which one that you would buy--I dont even need to know why unless maybe you have a comparison to share--even at being low end cards I still dont want to buy the suckiest one out there-and with these having been in use in the past maybe some of you know them personally--any of your info. will be greately appreciated--Oh, I do plan to buy a seperate memory stick to make up for the memory I need for WOW ( I am at 512 MB at present---
some are new/some are used:

S3 VIRGE GX 64 bit
S3 TRIO 64 bit
ATI MACH 64 CT 64 bit
ATI RAGE11 + DVD 64 bit
DIAMOND STEALTH 64 bit

thanks again for your time and consideration
Amy

For PCI, the 5200 is good and cheap.

Out of them... the rage? They are extremely old.

thanks for the reply--I have been working on this diligentely for about 1 1/2 weeks now--I keep learning new stuff every couple of hrs. seems--I understand that these cards are very old but only the PCI will fit my computer--I dont have a choice--I have also learned that my computer will only hold 1 more 512 MB memory stick to total 1GB--I could not believe all the limitations--I paid so much for this computer--
so I am kinda stuck right now--mainly due to my ignorance--I wished that I had more help in making some decisions about updating my computer--someone to tell me what I can do and what would be the best--I'm thinking that if the memory stick thing is so limited, what else is going to be?--making it impossible to use what I have to update to todays standards--
financially limited also, as usual
thanks again

I don't think that you should invest into a PCI video card at all. It is the ultimate limitation of any computer that will be used for gaming. Many complain about agp video cards, but I believe that it is essential to have an agp at least if you expect to play games like WoW. I am running a 6600gt agp which is considered the best value gaming video card but I am able to run WoW blasted on max settings with hardly any lag.
With as little as $250 you can change your motherboard, cpu and graphics card. Just stay away from further bad investments into that pc by buying a pci video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom