laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnt_bulb

Solid State Member
can someone give me an idea about a dell inspiron B120? Is it something to start with? I'm just doing a simple mapping program and office so I dont need a heavyweight. Any ideas? Budget minded ideas for sure. This one at Dell with a 1/yr mail in is 528+shipping and that would be max for me. Any good ideas about where to look for a better deal?

dont get the cheapest laptop, get the Inspiron 1300. It has 80 GB hard drive, 15.4 inch screen, and its wireless-ready

that other laptop wouldnt even handle xp that well...

Don't go with less than 512MB of RAM. Get the biggest hard drive you can. Screen size is up to you.

If you're not going to be gaming (and unless your lappy comes with a built-in card, you won't), check out WinBook. They have some nice models, but they are not configurable.
http://winbook.com/notebooks/notebooks.html

Nothing less than 512MB... I was at my cousins house on vacation, and he had 256MB of RAM (and also other crappy components), it was ****. I think 512MB is a bare minimum for laptop these days.

512 is bare minimum if you want to run Windows and almost anything else.

I agree, only 3 years ago I was using a computer with 64MB of RAM!!! Yeah it ran on win98, but as soon as I got into college I bought a lappy with 512 on RAM and an 80 GB HD! It certainly is a different experience!

i had to build my cousin's laptop last summer, it was a dell(i don't have too much against them, as i am happy with my dell laptop and dell computer, that i dont have problems with anymore) she had 256 mb ram and a 1.4 GHz processor and she needed xp with SP2 for her MP3 player or something, or itunes..w/e and i was like yea right...this things gonna get bogged down bad in a few months, but i guess its working, she hasnt complained to me yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom