Boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajun33

In Runtime
Ok, I've got an old Packard Bell that I have been using to familiarize myself with for upcoming A+ course. Today after boot, I got a message to remove nonsystem disk. There was no disk in either the floppy or CD. Any ideas?

If you had no disk in the floppy drive, you can assume that some critical OS files are missing from the hard drive . In this case , boot from a bootable floppy disk or rescue disk , and check whether the files have been erased accidentally from your hard disk

Yikes... This sounds like windows decided to 'lose' some important files
What version of windows are you running?

Thanks loner, apparently some files were erased. I managed to boot from recovery disk, but had to reinstall. It is running windows 95 right now.

I had a similiar problem to that....what i did was not used the computer then oddly enough it started working again when i tried again....sometimes weird things happen like that...but b4 you listen to me...but i agree with the other ppl's posts...try everthing you can good luck

yeah its working now. I'm not sure what files were lost, but it only had windows 95 on it. When I put the boot disk in, it asked for the windows 95 install disk and reinstalled the OS. I only use the comp to take apart/rebuild and play with OS's for practice.

Off the topic here, but a friend of mine took the A+ and told me "If you can build a computer, you'd have to be a brain-dead monkey not to pass the A+." He said the only thing that he needed to study was the DOS part. Is it really that easy to pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom