This Is My New Set Up, What Do You Think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy43

Baseband Member
mobo - www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128268

CPU -
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103535

Vid Card - RADEON X800PRO PCIE 256M V/VIVO/D

Case -
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144010

RAM -
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145440

Still don't have a hard drive, optic drive, or fans (other then the ones that come with the case and the cpu.)

I wanna use this computer to play games (personal use) and use autoCAD and Photoshop (for work).

What do you think? Is it a good set up?

I am wondering if you guys think I need to get a new psu? Also I am concerned about cooling. Should I get more fans? if so what kind?

Thanks you guys rock!
Andy :D

Great CPU and good value select RAM. The power supply that comes with the case is onre that I would be highly suspicious of because I have heard too many bad thing about Aspire power supplies. I would invest in a decent case and purchase the power supply separately such as an Enermax or Antec. I don't know enough about the motherboard.

Really good that is similar to the one i want to upgrade to. I have a socket A rig right now but i am getting a 939 rig soon and it is going to be like yours except i always go with nvidia for video cards

That many fans is fine. I, personally might get one more 80mm fan, though, just for good measure.

You will likely be fine with that PSU. I've used both Generic-with-case PSUs and the fancier nice ones. I like the one I have now due to it's modular design (You only plug in the cables that you need). But, like I say that PSU should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom