Is this psu not enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleaf

Baseband Member
Ahh, hello everybody. I just recieved all my parts. A DFI Lanparty nf3, Sempron64 2800+, 512 megs of ram, and a pny 6200 geforce card.

I put everything together alright, but whenever I try to power the computer, it just goes on for a tiny second and then shuts off. When I turn the psu swith on, all the standbye lights go on as expected. The video card / sometimes cpu fan turns on for just a second. But it won't turn on.
I'm wondering if my psu isn't even close to being able to turn this sytem on. I tried it without the video card, cdrom, harddrive, and anything else connected except the cpu, ram, and motherboard.

It is a 350 watt psu. With only 12A on the 12 Volt rail

You've hardly been waiting 45 minutes for help:p

Anyways, it might not be a case of the PSU being powerful enough, but perhaps it is just faulty.

Double-check all your connections. If everything is connected fine, then replace your PSU with a new one or a known-good PSU.

Yes everything is connected fine. I tried reconnecting and anything I could think of. I spent so much money on this, I have absolutely nothing to spend on a PSU.
This is so disappointing. I would think it would at least be able to turn it on. It worked on my last motherboard....

Take motherboard out place on a hard surface, unattach everything but CPU, VIdeo card and RAM, Make sure voltage selector is on 115V before you start up. After motherboard is out of case and only those three things are attached, try turning it on.

Remmeber to ground yourself properly before touching anything inside the case.

Could something be shorting out? And why? How am I supposed to fix that?

I could try running it out of the case, should I just run it on top of the case? or should I put it on something different?

I'm not sure what I should do. I have another old psu that has like 6A on the 12V rail and is 250 watt. I could try that...

The motherboard should be placed on a flat NON CONDUCTIVE surface.

You could try that other Power supply but I wouldn't reccomend it. Its not adequet.

Do what I suggest in a previous Post.

ok... I guess I'll take everything out after it took so long to get it perfectly in... lol. I don't need to have the video card in. The vga cable won't reach where I want to put it anyways... I'll be able to tell if it works if the cpu fan goes on for more than a second... lol. Can I put it on a wood table with a slight "wax" glaze? Or should I put it on top of the anti-static bag that it came in?

Don't put it ontop of a Anti Static bag. Anti Static bags are ment to keep static out. Therefore it protects nothing on top of it and there would probably be more on the outside anyways.

You will want moniter connected to enter CMOS is possible. So get it to reach.

Well my dad told me to put it on the anti-static bag. I do not need a monitor I'm not trying to get into the bios, just to get it to turn on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom