Problems Booting with A8NSLI and AMD 64 X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavlyn

Beta member
Hello,

I'm new here, and I stopped by because I am pounding my head into a wall with my computer.

I bought new components, listed in my sig, and constructed the new computer. However, I can only load into Safe Mode (with or without networking). Any attempts to load into Normal XP Professional result in a Stop Error 0x0000007E. I have updated the BIOS, the Chipset, everything. I can't even get past the loading screen. I have disabled all boot features, and no luck that way.

This is my conversion from Intel to AMD, so I am wondering if that plays some role.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

If it boots to safe mode, but not normal it is most likely a driver causing the problem. I would try disabling various hardware components one by one until you can find the problem child.

Actually before you try that see if you can actually see where in the boot process it is getting stuck. In safemode to to a run command and type MSCONFIG>go to the BOOT.INI tab> Check the box labeled /SOS. This will show you step by step when the OS is coming up note where it pauses or crashes.

Has it worked anytime in the past? Did you download Security Update for Windows XP: Kb912919?? That update seems to be causing conflicts with Nvidia graphics drivers, well the 77.71 drivers atleast....

Thanks, guys.

I tracked it down to an audio driver, and when I purged it, things went smoothly.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom