Monitor, Video Card Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyyer

Solid State Member
Alright I just bought 19" ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+ Flat Screen CRT monitor and also just bought a Radeon 9600 XT video card. Well the issue is, every once in a while the screen will black out and the monitor's "ViewMeter" feature comes up with a "Status: Over" The first thought that came to mind was an overheating issue, but sometimes it'll do it when the computer has only been running for maybe an hour or 2, and also, if I reboot it it runs fine but may do it again later on. A simple reboot tells me that if it was an overheating issue it would keep rebooting, which it does not. Also when this happens the whole computer restarts sometimes which it did not before. Could this be a problem with the 9600 XT? Its at stock speed, I have not OC'd it. I also lost my monitors manual and cant seem to find anywhere (atleast on google) an explanation to this "Status: Over" problem. Any comments//suggestions? thanks.

If it never did this with your previous monitor, I'm willing to bet that the new monitor has some issues. You could try uninstalling then reinstalling your video card drivers, and also check your refresh rate. If none of that works give the manufacturer a call and ask them what that prompt the monitor gives you means.

-miller

Its at the max refresh rate for the current resolution. How could that be a problem? Actually I had a question about that.. COULD that cause overheating issues? heh

Have you checked your Power Schemes (control panel, power options)?? Maybe try setting it to 'always on' and then your options to 'never'.

Nah, it has nothing to do with power saving features since the problem occurs when the computer is actively being used.

try setting your refresh rate at 85 Hz .What resolution are you running at ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom