OCed fx-57

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too high for any K8 processor...memory controller is known to kick out once you hit 1.7vcore and you really don't wanna go above 1.6vcore unless you're doing it for benchmarking purposes

Especially considering how much vcore you're pumping through that for such a minimal overclocking...stock vcore is what, 1.35v? You're bumped it up 0.1v for every 100MHz which is a terrible frequency to vcore ratio...besides that you won't really feel a difference between 2.8 and 3.1 most likely

Why are people scared because some others have fried there memory controller with there CPU at 1.7Vcore? I'm hitting 1.7Vcore with mine and no problem at all......

fr34ky said:
Just recently oced my PC with a kinda custom watercooling system,
very happy with results.Got my fx-57 to 3.19ghz at 1.72v.Also my 7800gtx 512mb has a water heatsink with fan.Got that clocked with a 712mhz core and the memory clock at 2.1 ghz.its also 620/1850.my memory is at 3-4-4-8 which I wanna improve I would think I could.
Can we see some screen shots or something to proove the OC's?

i would deffinetly leave it at 1.7v im not afraid of chips frying ive only fried 1 chip before it was a xp 2700. but anyways, 3.2ghz is very fast. you wouldnt see the performance decrease although it would lower. 3dmark01 will tell you, i mainly use that test as a cpu test now. crystalmark is also good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom