cpu help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hey all..
i just finshed installing windows on my new system..but its very slow...my task manager shows the cpu is running on 100%...and iam not doing anyhting....i have the opty 170?also how can i make sure that both cores are running

the cpu is running on 100% since i turnd the computer on..is this becouse its new..or is it a hardware thing..like something i did wrong while building ....or do you think its a software issue becouse i got an error while installing windows but it keopt on installing ?
thanks

Really need more information...it'd be nice to know if your computer is detecting both cores first of all, if not you need to flash your bios using either the old skool floppy boot utility or you can be a bit more daring and use winflash

Second to that would be core speed ups and slow downs due to the cores conflicting for resources...you have to install AMD multicore drivers to correct this problem and if that fails there's a number of other alternatives which involve regedit

I have to use SP2 now seeing as the hotfix does not support SP1 or any earlier revisions :(

hey man thanks for the reply..but how can i check if both cores are working..and regarding the driver there is nothing on the amd site under the opteron section

so any idea how can check.is there a software or something...also where can i get the driver for dual core

i downloaded amd clock and it shows that both cores are runing at 2.0 which is 100%,and nothing is running....nothing at all....!!!!!!!
but i still cant find that driver

sorry for reposting again..but can anyone help me ...please...
i cant find that driver for the multicore cpus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom