Wallpaper Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShafferNY

Beta member
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here. I'm hoping you people can help me out.

I've been having problem with my wallpaper for about six months now, and I've just now decided to fix it. I've always been putting it off, but now it's driving me nuts.
Here is my problem. Whenever I find a decent wallpaper I want to set as my desktop it never comes threw. I right click on the picture and click set as background and it never shows up. All that I get is one solid color in the background. I've tried playing around with the internet explorer wallpaper bitmap to fix it but nothing seems to work. I'm hoping this is a common problem with an easy fix.

Duh, I almost forgot-Windows XP home edition.

Thanks for any help,
ShafferNY

Sometimes I can change the wallpaper to something other than "Internet Explorer Wallpaper", for example: autumn or bliss, but other times it has no effect and the background just remains a solid color.

there are several ways to change a wallpaper. have you tried:

-goto display broperties, click desktop tab, click browse button and manually search for image to select. click customize desktop button, click web tab. make sure you are not using web pages on your desktop by un-checking all choices.

-right click on the image file and select open with> internet explorer in IE right click on it and select set as background

here is what it looks like:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 34
I think this has been well covered,maybe it's knowing how to "browse" to what you want to use.There are 3 choices then.
Center,tile and stretch.Center is usually the one for large full screen pics.
This is is for Wme.

Attachments

• spyboterror.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for the replies. I tried what ekÆsine suggested. Nothing is checked off and it still does the same thing.

It's funny because be when I shutdown or startup, my wallpaper that should be there, flashes for a brief moment. Almost like it's a startup screen or shutdown screen, which I did change at one time in the past. Over a year ago.

I'd like to find a way to set the destop and startup/shutdown screens back to the defualt if I could.

IE used to have a repair function if you went to add/remove programs/IE and clicked remove. Then it would offer you the option of removing or repairing it.

Sorry if I'm being confusing. I'm going to try and figure it out now. Wish me luck. This has become my mission in life! lol

ShafferNY

Is this a IE problem or a Windows desktop problem ?
What are you trying to use a bmp or a IE website start page.?

Okay, here's what is happening.

1) I select IE wallpaper for my background and click apply. My background imediately goes to one solid color(which ever happens to be selected at the time). Sometime I can select another wallpaper and apply it and it works fine, other times I can't get rid of the solid color wallpaper.

2) The intended wallpaper flashes for a brief moment just after logging on and just before logging off.

3) I have on occasion gottin' the IE wallpaper to work, but after loggin off and logging back on it goes to the solid color background.

I'm sorry if this is all confusing. I can't really pin down any consistancies or alway get the problem to reproduce. I think I have some type of bad file with IE or something. I definitely think the problem is IE based.

Thanks for the help, I can't say that enough.

are you using windows 98? if yes try disabling the active desktop feature. also try to use the default windows theme style, this will "reset" your desktop appearance. these are both in the display properties. the actual name may be different than what i gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom