Pros&cons on DELL XPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do want to build one and his main concern is support, and not that he's unsure of your abilities, do you live nearby and see him often? If so, you could probably pitch that it wouldn't be a problem since you would know the system well enough that you would be the best support anyway.

The Alienware idea is pretty good too, I think. And they have AMD desktops in that kind of price range you've been looking at. If the support thing is a concern, there's your name and support.

... Mac will never win unless they get all the support for games.

Which will probobly be years and by then the world will be overtaken by mcdonald zombies with six fingers.

Hold the phone, Central; does his post say ANYTHING about gaming?

No.

I really don't care that the Mac has little game support (and he probably doesn't either) because I don't game; however, it does have some of the best multimedia software available running on it. Plus, Apple is more reliable than Dell in my experience. They also have great service and support.

So the next time you want to make a discriminatory statement, think about it.

Yeah, a mac would be perfect for him. They are a solid as a rock.

Macs will start to dominate as computer gaming dies out and is replaced by consoles :p

Actually, A mac might be a good solution for him unless he knows PC and doesn't want to change or whatever.

I wouldn't give up my PC, but I don't mind admitting that I'd like to have a mac in addition to my PC some day. They're so pretty.

I still think you could make a case for building for him, though, if you give a good argument.

Why does it have to be the XPS? He can always buy Gateway or HP, they usually give more HDD space. Oh what the ****, let the old man spend his money and get a Dell. If that's what he feels comfortable with, then let him.

Shocker said:
Why does it have to be the XPS? He can always buy Gateway or HP, they usually give more HDD space. Oh what the ****, let the old man spend his money and get a Dell. If that's what he feels comfortable with, then let him.

yeah i agree. and guys, dells aren't that bad, they're fine for what his grandfather needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom