Is this really needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
My cousin wants to build a computer, a gamin one but he wants a pentium d instead of an althon x2. He doesnt want AMD just because they dont support DDR2 RAM. What i want to kno, is DDR2 ram much faster than DDR?

He also thinks (like alot of other people) AMD is slower just because of their clock speed. I tried to explain to him how AMD processes more things at once but has a slower clock speed. He didnt get it. So i put it into different terms (just makin sure i have it right too) i told him picture AMD = Hummer and Intel = a dodge with a hemi, THe hummer will be more powerful and will be able to do more than the dodge but the dodge will be faster. Correct?

Tell him to wait a little bit until the new AMD socket comes out that can use DDR2. I think it comes out in Q2.

meefle said:
My cousin wants to build a computer, a gamin one but he wants a pentium d instead of an althon x2. He doesnt want AMD just because they dont support DDR2 RAM. What i want to kno, is DDR2 ram much faster than DDR?

He also thinks (like alot of other people) AMD is slower just because of their clock speed. I tried to explain to him how AMD processes more things at once but has a slower clock speed. He didnt get it. So i put it into different terms (just makin sure i have it right too) i told him picture AMD = Hummer and Intel = a dodge with a hemi, THe hummer will be more powerful and will be able to do more than the dodge but the dodge will be faster. Correct?

No.

3200+ = amd 3.2GHz

The AMD is faster all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom