BF2 server build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
Hi guys:D

I was talking to my brother about renting a server for BF2 and the Idea came up to build our own server. I did a search and found some stuff out, But I still have some questions.

First of all, Can we run a gaming server and 2 PCs from my regular old Media-com cable modem without it slowing my connection down? Ya I know, I need a router. Well..... What router would you buy for this set up?

What would it require to run a 60 player BF2 server with no lagggggg? O.K....we don't want to spend a arm and a leg on it, But we want it to be good:D

I need advise with, Motherboard, Processor, Hard drive and OS. Dose the video card matter?

O' ya... Will the ping be 0 on our 2 PCs when we are gaming on our server?

You'd be better off renting.

A cable connection, even straight from the isp is doubtedly sufficient enough to run a server from. Especially on a router.

Take the money you'd put toward buying a server and new connection for the server to renting one.

Drop your idea right now because you do not have the connection to support a BF2 Server everything would lag, Before you worry about part worry about your ISP.

Thanks guys:D

What is the connection type servers use? A family member has a DSL connection at his office, Is that what I want? I could try to set it up there:rolleyes:

DBD said:
Thanks guys:D

What is the connection type servers use? A family member has a DSL connection at his office, Is that what I want? I could try to set it up there:rolleyes:

No, you'd need like a T1 to T3 connection for up to 64 players.

I can host a decent 16 player on my PC with a 4000K/900K cable connection. But, there is lag... but limited.

You'd need like 15000K/3000K for 64 Players.

Thanks HAVOC2k5:D

O.K......I just called my connection a cable modem because it's not Dial up or DSL. I think I might have t1 or t3 :confused: My brother said at his old house he had Mediacom also and it was t3.

How do I find out my connection speed?

DBD said:
Thanks HAVOC2k5:D

How do I find out my connection speed?

www.pcpitstop.com has decent upload and download tests. (Bandwidth Tests)

For the upload test, you'll need to disable any and all firewalls.

BTW... What server do you play BF2 in? I play everyday, mostly at night... I'll be on in about 2 hours...

BF2 Name: [DRS]HAVOK

I play a lot in this server: CoNg 4.0 Seventy Seven - Karkand 365 (It's a 24/7 Strike at Karkand ) Drop in sometime... i'm always there.

HAVOC2k5 said:
www.pcpitstop.com has decent upload and download tests. (Bandwidth Tests)

For the upload test, you'll need to disable any and all firewalls.

BTW... What server do you play BF2 in? I play everyday, mostly at night... I'll be on in about 2 hours...

BF2 Name: [DRS]HAVOK

I play a lot in this server: CoNg 4.0 Seventy Seven - Karkand 365 (It's a 24/7 Strike at Karkand ) Drop in sometime... i'm always there.

Gimme an IP I'll play with ya sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom