Pros&cons on DELL XPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Leviathan

Baseband Member
hey
My grandfather decided that he wants a new computer and is looking at the DELL XPS 200 Desktop system as an option,
He does a lot of Heavy duty digital photagraphy and listens to a lot of music that he rips onto his comp. :eek:
he also does alot of internet browsing and streaming.
Just want to know if this system is worth what dell is hyping it as...
:confused:

I think that for what your grandfather is going to do with the machine, you don't really need an XPS. A Dimension would do him just fine.

yea i know... :rolleyes:
But he wants a big system anyways
what wold be some things about this system that arent any good..or vice versa.

I personally wouldnt trust anything dell says. If you want an overpriced machine with limited options, poor customer service, and a lot of useless crap preinstalled, then by all means go with dell.
Instead of dell you could get one custom built by someone or at a website like monarch computers. You can get a lot more for your money that way. Or you could build one for him yourself and be cool like us:cool:

Vybuni said:
I personally wouldnt trust anything dell says. If you want an overpriced machine with limited options, poor customer service, and a lot of useless crap preinstalled, then by all means go with dell.
Instead of dell you could get one custom built by someone or at a website like monarch computers. You can get a lot more for your money that way. Or you could build one for him yourself and be cool like us:cool:
Cha.

Might also want to go to www.ibuypower.com

HA!
i tryed that aproach...!
i offered to build one for him for half the price
but he said that i woulndt have the support of a dell built system:)
soooooo...
maby i could convince him to go with a difrent brand of system
any sugestions???:confused:

ibuypower is good. Brands like emachines are better than Dell.

I actually had a bad dream the other night that my best friend's mother bought a Dell without consulting me. I was really upset about it.

lol dell support=:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

by the way, which version of the xps 200 are you thinking of getting?

Well, I live with my grandparents, so I doubt that Dell could provide the kind of support that I do on a daily basis.

But I have observed my grandfather being more inclined to call support than myself or, say, my uncle. I'm pretty sure I've never called support in my life.

So it's support he's worried about? what kind of support is he concerned about? I'd think even something by HP or Compaq would be preferred. Maybe check the pcmag.com reviews on pre-built machines. Are there any specific specs he's looking at? or a specific price range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom