hal.dll missing or corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'm sure they have had this complaint before. hopefully there not one of these places that takes days and days to respond.

while your waiting when you get a chance try pressing F7 instead of F5. durring setup. see if that works.

could also try some of the other options

"Standard PC", Non-ACPI PIC HAL (Hal.dll)
• Standard PC

"MPS Uniprocessor PC", Non-ACPI APIC UP HAL (Halapic.dll)
• Standard PC
• MPS Uniprocessor
• MPS Multiprocessor

"MPS Multiprocessor PC", Non-ACPI APIC MP HAL (Halmps.dll)
• Standard PC
• MPS Multiprocessor

"Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC", ACPI PIC HAL (Halacpi.dll)
• Standard PC
• Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC

"ACPI Uniprocessor PC", ACPI APIC UP HAL (Halaacpi.dll)
• Standard PC
• ACPI Uniprocessor
• ACPI Multiprocessor

"ACPI Multiprocessor PC", ACPI APIC MP HAL (Halmacpi.dll)
• Standard PC
• ACPI Multiprocessor
• MPS Multiprocessor

ok i'll give them a try. Just checked my order status for my video card, floppy drive, and IEEE PCI card, turns out newegg is sendin me a replacement of my old motherboard which i returned cuz i thought it was defaulted so if all else fails, i can try the new one (kind of off topic) My old motherboard was an ASRock 775Dual-800.

Try this before you replace anything. use powermax cd.iso in my signature to wipe the drive clean (this will clean up any bootsector viruses). then try installing xp with a different cd rom drive. see where that takes you.

I've gotten that error before and swapping cd rom drives and reinstalling xp fixed it

i only have 1 cd rom drive for now, i'm gettin my floppy drive tomorrow.

do i just burn the powermas cd.iso to a cd?

meefle said:
i only have 1 cd rom drive for now, i'm gettin my floppy drive tomorrow.

do i just burn the powermas cd.iso to a cd?

yes. burn it as a disc image with nero or alcohol

EricB said:
I've gotten that error before and swapping cd rom drives and reinstalling xp fixed it

did you get the problem after windows was installed or durring installing of windows?

i had this problem durring a install and used the F5 option durring setup and that fixed it. plus there are several articles on microsofts support page about this problem and they say to use the F5 option.

ZeroX said:
did you get the problem after windows was installed or durring installing of windows?

i had this problem durring a install and used the F5 option durring setup and that fixed it. plus there are several articles on microsofts support page about this problem and they say to use the F5 option.

1. both
2. I didn't know about that option
3. wiping the drive with powermax (because I didn't know if the computer had got a boot sector virus or not. it was a customer's computer) swapping cd rom drives for the install (one that could read files a little better) fixed it. this happen to me twice

hmmm........this is very interesting, make sure you update us meefle on what fixes the problem.

ok, just put in a floppy drive w/ (6-in-1 card reader), MSI Geforce 6600GT, and PCI IEEE ports. Now when i try to install XP, i click on my hard drive and it says the drive is not window XP combatible or something like that, could the hard drive be causin this hal.dll missin or corrupt problem?

uhh? you click on your hard drive while you are installing?

can you explain a little more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom