HELP!@!@! Computer won't start with new RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
it'll reset your cmos clock? i dont know, can't hurt to try it.

i'm pretty sure my friend got 2 bad sticks of 512mb OCZ Platinum Ram and had to RMA them...I think it's not all that rare.

On both the OCZ website and the DFI website they list eachother as perfectly compatible. Man I think I have the worst **** luck in the ENTIRE WORLD!!!

Edit: Brady you have one creepy *** sig dude. It hits too close to home :confused:

OK I just tested each of the sticks individually in each of the 4 memory slots and it doesn't work. When in slots 1 and 2 it just stayed at a black screen like before but when in slot 3 or 4 it would be a black screen as well as beeping continuously at me.

I currently have the CMOS battery out and when I get home from work I will put that back in, plug stuff back in, and try each stick of ram in each slot again. If that fails I am afraid I will have to RMA my nice new RAM :( god this sucks. Not only do I not have a computer at home but I am also supposed to be building a website outside of work (at home) for this lady for $15 an hour and now I have no computer to do it with. *sigh* :mad:

I might be able to nab a 256 stick from a guy at work to test and see if my comp starts with that so that I will know for sure that it is the ram that is giving me issues. A single 256 stick of ram should be able to make my computer start and get into windows shouldn't it?

EDIT: also does anyone know if a single 256 stick of ram should be in slot 1 or slot 2 for the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D MOBO that is in my sig?

The Nf4 lanparty series does not like alot of types of ram, the only ram i could get to work and not crash or have issues is patriot. It is the MOBO, i have tried corsair, kingston, mushkin, ocz, they all dont work, i would get a ram alarm or nothing would start at all . Here is what i have and it works great!

17js1.jpg

The Nf4 lanparty series does not like alot of types of ram, the only ram i could get to work and not crash or have issues is patriot. It is the MOBO, i have tried corsair, kingston, mushkin, ocz, they all dont work

Whoa are you serious? Both OCZ and DFI's websites say that they should work perfectly together. You think that the ram isn't defective it is the MOBO? Why did my Corsair ValueSelect cheap crap ram work perfectly before then?

Anyone else with experience with this MOBO have any thoughts? I was about to RMA my ram for a replacement but if it may not work with my MOBO.... then that would really suck.

EDIT: DFI-street.com actually recommended this ram for this board for OCing.

I dont know, here is the guide for placement of the dimms.

26fx1.jpg

I have tried so many different types, i was about to give up, then i got my hands on the tccd chips of the extreme patriot or what ever it was, and works great. i read some where that it also is having issues because of the different timings, not sure.

WHOA, i just looked at mine and that guide i have for myt board, and i have my dual channel in 2 and 4, it does not say that in the guide, maybe try that!

I have the same mobo and im also having problems but not quite the same. mine just restarts whenever it feels like it so i sent it back for a new one. my question is- if this mobo isnt compatible with most memory why is it so overwhelmingly suggested to people on here as the MOBO to buy?

I have no clue, once you find a set of dimms to work on it, it is a VERY GOOD BOARD, insane for overclocker, you can take the dimm power to 4 volts, WOW. but what a pain in the *** to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom