What happens if....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbreaction

Solid State Member
Hey i am trying to build a new computer for a friend and pretty much the only old thing in the comp is the processor and i am trying to figure out if the processor is bad to what does the computer do if the processors is bad

i think its a AMD Athlon 2000

i am not getting a display but every thing is on and running

Biostar M7VIZ 400 mother board

And yes it has on board video and i tried hooking up a AGP and PCI video card and neither work

ok i am also looking at it and it support DDR 333 and i ve got DDR 400 memory would this cause the problem i would kust assume it would under clock it

If at power up everything runs then seems to stop and you get no display. It could only be one of two things. Either your processor went out causing all your ram to fill up and then the pc does nothing. Or your ram is messed up or not all the way inserted in motherboard causing the comp to try to send info to the ram and the ram cannot accept it. I had this problem once I opened the tower and jiggled the ram a little powered up it worked just fine. If the computer is able to boot but seizes later then it's gotta be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom