How to clean a LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Whats the best way to clean a 19" LCD? I don't want to push to hard while like whiping it off and screw up the pixels or anything, I also don't know what to use, like to remove and dirt or fingerprints or w/e... Whats the best method?

You are able to buy special stuff and special cloths to clean them but i say thats a waste of money. Firstly, what type of LCD do you have? The type with the matte finish, or the type with glass on the top?

If you have the type with the matte finish use a soft damp cloth to wipe away grime but dont push to hard as it will damage the screen. Wipe away the water with a dry soft cloth.

If you have the type with the glass finish you still cant use stuff like windex as the glass usually has some sort of coatings on it so use the method shown above but you are able to put a little more elbow greese into it as you are not actually touching the LCD panel, you are actually touching the glass.

i just used rubbing alcohol for mine, then wiped it off with damp cloth then with dry cloth.. make sure you use a cloth like those micro-fiber ones, so you don't leave fibers stuck to the water cuz that would suck

I was told a non-ammonia glass cleaner sprayed on a damp, soft cloth would do the trick.Works on my laptop screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom