svchost.exe & Cpu time

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
P4 2.8G cpu, 256M Ram, XP Pro SP2

PC reported to run slow with User unable ot open windows in a reasonable response time
I ran Windows Updates as User was 36 updates behind being allowed to download SP2, ran updates to No Critical updates etc
Ran Adaware & Spybot until clean, ran Ccleaner to remove temp files etc

After a restart on completion of above the PC still responded as slow, the Desktop refreshed quickly upon logging on but attempting to open IE or Outlook express very slow response then after a few minutes the programs opened correctly. The PC only has Office loaded and a link to the Server
Task manager showed Cpu time at 100% during the waiting period, with Processes showing svchost.exe, username Network Service

The email is scanned through a Barracuda filter/firewall so no Anti-virus is present on the PC

Thanks for any thoughts / advice

Thanks for that
I'm not currently at site but will be before the weekend, are you recommending I disable all, reboot then add the disabled items one at once or in small groups etc

keep them all disabled to see if that is the problem. Then if you want to troubleshoot, go back in and check one, reboot and so one til you find the one that is causing the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom