Wrong CPU Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DartGawd501

Beta member
Hello. its my first post, so I hope I do this correctly.

I have an AMP XP Athlon 2700 CPU. I am running windows xp pro with service pack 2. When I boot my computer up, sometimes my bios and my windows reads thei cu as a 1500 and not a 2700. I can reboot and then maybe, just maybe it will read the cpu sorrectly. I have adjusted the bios Seettings with no resulst. The jumpers on the board are correct. The Smainboard is a ASROCK K7S8XE. The ram, 1 gig, is showing correctly.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance..

that is very strange. I have known things like that happening in the past but not in the manner you described. What i heard to happen is the cpu would just be detected slower and stay that way and what you needed to do in BIOS is set the FSB correctly. In the case of yours, your FSB should be 166mhz (333mhz DDR). Because yours changes all the time it could mean that your battery is running out of charge or your BIOS has a bug so look on your motherboards manufacturers site for an update, after that look for a new battery - just borrow one from a friend to see if it keeps happening.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom