How do I know if my RAID 0 is working

Status
Not open for further replies.
well hence since there are only hdd's on the market for large storage, instead of complaining, help with the first question, and YES i do see an increase of of performance, and I am a poster boy for raid, I have 8 Tb in raid 5 in my server, i have 1 Tb in raid 0 and 75 Gb in raid 0 in my main machine. If you feel so inclined, go work for WD, Maxtor, Seagate and come up with a better solution for large storage. Do I look like i have dimm chips coming out of my eyes, thought not, so as long as i dont see stuff slowing down im good!

yeah matt i have seen those and i have one to play with and dont get me wrong they are SWEET, the one i have iterfaces with pci-x and i can put up to 4 Gb on it, it also has a battery so that it keeps its memory, but if it ever loses power, you lose all your datad on them so that is a problem. also i have been seing more and more on solid state hdd's which are real promising, since you do not have to wait for slow mechanical devices i.e. platters spinning up and arms moving. they will have a great advantage over the current hdd's of today, there are a couple on the market but they are way too much for personal use.

turboFX55 said:
well hence since there are only hdd's on the market for large storage, instead of complaining, help with the first question, and YES i do see an increase of of performance, and I am a poster boy for raid, I have 8 Tb in raid 5 in my server, i have 1 Tb in raid 0 and 75 Gb in raid 0 in my main machine. If you feel so inclined, go work for WD, Maxtor, Seagate and come up with a better solution for large storage. Do I look like i have dimm chips coming out of my eyes, thought not, so as long as i dont see stuff slowing down im good!

lol - the first question was: "Is there any way to test and see if my raid 0 is working well?" - Which was answered.

Turbo, you questioned my statement about a waste of money. I simply just backed up my statement with fact. (And I don't see where in my posts where I was complaining?) I actually wouldn't mind working for Seagate, can you get me a job there?

It would be pretty funny if you had dimm chips coming out of your eyes.

So this RAID 5 server you have with 8TB has what? (18) 500GIG HDD'S? **** that's like over $6,000.. Certainly if you had that amount of money you could afford to have dimm chips coming out of your eyes....? I don't know correct me if i'm wrong...

Calculate it yourself here:
http://www.ibeast.com/content/tools/RaidCalc/RaidCalc.asp

how in the world do you come up with 20 hdd's, it has 16, k 16, that is total space not including the raid 5 allocation, dont use a stupid calulator ,do your math! and I work for intel not seagate or any other company, and what you not good enough to try on your own? it boggles the mind the crap i hear out of people, and what i cant put down 6,000 on a server? i spent a bit more then that on it, and as much money as i put out in my machines, IF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN MY RIG, then you should not question me where i put my money. yeah i wish i could have cpu's in my brain and dimm chips out of my eyes so i could interface with my computer, but intill that happens, i am happy with my bottle neck. and i did tell him the best of my ability that his raid was working. AND one last question, do you have a raid set any how?

lol - you are such a child.

Yes I have a RAID 0 array with (2) 250G Seagate barracudas, for my multimedia Storage.

To get 8TB of storage in RAID 5 you'd need (18) 500GB HDD's.
You can argue this if you want, but you'll be wrong, so go ahead if you want to. And if you only have (16) 500GB HDD's, then you dont have 8TB's do you?

I don't care what your SIG says, or what you say you have actually.

I work for Intel... Big deal dude? Since when does a mailroom boy need an 8TB server? I mean seriously? What do you have 100,000 pirated DiVX movies or something?

If you had the money to spend on your SIG and your 8TB server, may-be you'd also have the money to have those pictures of your RIG that you so nicely linked in your SIG on something other then freewebs.... It's so loaded with pop-ups that my brower won't even display it...

Dude, get a clue... Fraudulent Nerd...

ha ha ha, your a little nOOb.

When did i say that 8 Tb was my available space, and at first it was 20 hdd's not 18. OK so let me correct my self I have aprox 7.5 Tb of storage. lol 500 Gb not a big deal.

Yes I have every movie known to man, lol. Thats what i need that much storage for. Comon man, seeing that you have a multimedia storage array, im sure that you have movie's, and saying that each movie takes up a good amount of space, like 4.7 Gb worth and I am not talking about crappy Divx.

lol you have to love when people like you start saying stuff that you have no clue about except a raid calulator on some website that you dont even know how to use right?

Hey if i am a mailroom boy that better then a burger jockey that you most certainly are.

So WHAT if i use freewebs, free is good.

Spend the money on my sig? WTF are you talking about, it takes a little brain power that i guess you DONT have to make a .GIF, and what room do you have to talk, you did not even make your Sig.

DONT BE A LITTLE DOUCHE, you dont even have pics of your computer, so how the **** do i even know you have one and your not on your mommys gateway or somthing.

I have a few words of advise, GET YOUR S*%$ TOGETHER, GET SOME BETTER CLOTHES, GET A BETTER JOB, $6.75 dont cut it. HELP, DONT CRITICIZE, MAKE SOME FRIENDS, you do need them if you treat every body this way. and im sorry that browser is not the best seeing that you computer is most likely a pos.

DUDE, Get a clue.... take that rifle in your avatar and shoot your self, so people that want to learn dont have to deal with your bs.

oh and im sry if freewebs sucks, i fixed the link, my bad, will have more pics soon to show off my so called rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom