New Computer Wont Turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedster0011

Baseband Member
Hey well i bought a custom computer from the local shop here and i decided to buy a new case for it. I switched everything to the new case that i bought and now the computer wont turn on. Everything looks like its plugged in from reading the motherboards manual. Before switching cases, everything was working perfect. Now when i try to press the button to turn the computer on, it wont turn on. But when i put it to ON position in back of the computer case the fan on the power supply & cpu will turn on and off. The computer just wont turn on. Whats is the problem here.

Here are the specs:

Intel P4 3.2GHZ
Intel D915GAG Motherboard
1.024 GB of RAM
550 W Poaer Supply
160GB Hard Drive

Sounds like the motherboard could be shorting out on the case, make sure the standoffs are set up correctly and no metal is touching the case. There is a slight chance that the PSU has failed but this is unlikely. Is the PSU Generic, it probably isnt because of the high wattage rating but is it an Antec, Thermaltake or OCZ or brand name like that?

Dr.Gootch said:
Sounds like u put the pwr switch onto the mobo in the wrong pins. recheck it, i do it all the time :p

Thats what i was thinking, it happened to me about 3 times until i figured out you can only put them in one way.

i am having the same problem and i dont have a static bag i took it out and laid it on a new shirt and it still seems to 'short' or whatever i also have used 2 power supplys and they are doing the same thing

I just took the motherboard out and found out that i need to put those little spacers to keep the motherboard away and alighned. The computer turns on/off only from the back psu switch. All lights come on fans come on everythings perfect. The only problem is the computer wont turn on from the front so i have to find out that problem. Also there is a IDE Card and a HDD Cable hooked to it , where does the other end plug into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom