System go, but nothing to hook up monitor to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisX

Baseband Member
Ok I just installed pretty much all the hardware, and the diagnostics LEDs show detection of VGA, DRAM, and CPU. But then it drops back down to 1 LED for just VGA (i'm assuming this is normal).
In order to go to the next steps I need a monitor hooked up, problem though is that theres nothing on Mobo to hook up to.
Is it possible for me to install the Radeon from my old computer and hook it up throught the VGA port to get into the bios and what not? or is there something on the mobo i'm missing? DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D.

ChrisX said:
I need a monitor hooked up, problem though is that theres nothing on Mobo to hook up to.

The DFI Ultra-D dose not have integraded graphics. You will need to buy a serperate 3d card.

hmmm but would i be able to utilize the VGA or DVI port in my Radeon which requires installation of ATI Catalyst and drivers?

Err I think you are a bit confused there. If the motherboard has no onboard graphics controller then you cant hook up a monitor. You need a PCIE graphics card, you never need drivers to get into a bios, drivers only load when windows loads.

ahh ty, I'll do it first thing tomarrow... after work =\

EDIT: wont installing windows require the video card to have drivers?

No. The video card will just operate with the generic VGA driver that is on the windows CD. All the drivers do is add support for DirectDraw and Direct3D. You can install the drivers after you install windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom