Help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zildjianchris

In Runtime
Ok, I have a mates computer here. It's had this ongoing problem which I really want to get rid of. Sometimes It will turn on, sometimes it wont. Sometimes if you fiddle with the ram a bit, and stick it back in, it works. But yeah, now...it has stopped working again. I want to test each bit of hardware(mo/bo, psu, etc...), but I have no tools, just the pc and my bare hands. Can someone please help me out to let me know how I could test it all, so I can then narrow it down to the one faulty piece of hardware. Thank you very much.

Chris

It could be a powersupply problem, but than again that ram thing sounded odd. unles you have an other PSU there is no way to test the PSU and same wiht the ram. Unles you put the hardware from his comp in your comp. (i.e. Take out your psu and put his psu in there if they are compatible and try to turn it on if it goes on wiht no problems than the PSU is ok) you coul do this with the PSU, maybe ram if it is compatible, mobo and cpu. I think this should help but let me know if you need somethign else.

Yeah its just weird. Theres one thing that makes me think its not psu, but I can't be sure. Is that when he first got it off another mate, he had the same problem. Then my mate changed the psu thinking it was faulty. But it's happening even with the different one he put in.

Well, theres actually a little bit more to the story. This problem came to me a while ago, and I first went to the ram, took one out put it back in and then it worked. Then two weeks later it did it again, so I took that ram stick out completlely, it worked. But now it's doing the same problem again....
What do you suggest about it all?
Thank you

maybe it's not connected in there properly...
when you say "it works" does it boot up and everything, and when it doesn't work, does it even turn on, does it give a "beep"?
try putting new ram in there if you have any ie. from your computer, see if the problem persists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom