x2 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
Not really, i have mine running 2.5 here and there. Most of the time its at 2.4 though. I have my Vcore set at 1.55 and im getting moderate temps. Couldnt as for more.

whos question are u answering? :confused: u have completley lost me.

It would be pointless to get teh X2 4200+ as it is the same as the X2 3800+ just a little bit faster, i think you can save the moeny and OC that X2 3800+ :)

Not many people buy the 4200 and 4600 because they don't offer a decent performance increase for the extra price. You can reach higher clock speeds but you can't increase cache size

I went with the 3800 X2 simply because for the price it owns, and there is a crapy difference between it and the next in the chain of the X2 line, it may be worth it for the 4400 but didnt have the extra cash and the .2 GHz per core did not seem much better

Also the Opt165 is not on par with the 4800+ because you will have to up the voltage to reach that by a high level than it's stock volt. The 4200+ can achieve this at stock volt if your lucky and will only need a small vcore increase to reach the 4800+ level with less heat giving you a longer lifetime on the processor no need to fry your nice new CPU.
Increasing voltage won't have any bearing on the performance of the processor...2GHz will still run the same as any other 2GHz processor regardless of whether it's got 1.3vcore or 1.5vcore, the only thing you might argue is thermal throttling but you won't run into that issue considering 1.5vcore won't be running hot at all

The chances of a core dying from overclocking are slim to none so long as you don't do anything reckless...CPUs have a lifetime of a few million hours so bumping a few thousand off that is nothing

You have a point it's the 3800+ or the entry Toledo Core/4400+ you can always OC from there.

i read some post talking about the week in which your processor was made makes a difference (week 31 and 46 were bad)? is this true? i just got my 165 dual core opteron off newegg today!!!! just waitin for my case and psu to arrive! :D

PZEROFGH said:
It would be pointless to get teh X2 4200+ as it is the same as the X2 3800+ just a little bit faster, i think you can save the moeny and OC that X2 3800+ :)
... That made no sense.. It is the same.. But a little bit better?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom