Hard drive going bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
Every time I have my computer on anywhere between a half hour and hour or longer my computer starts making a really annoying humming noise that wont stop until I shut the computer down. If I turn it off and turn it right back on, it still does it. I have to let it rest for a while and then turn it back on before it will stop. Could this be my hard drive going bad, or could it be something else. Are there any other symptoms to look for or anyway of finding out exactly what it is?

This might be too simple, but it might be your case or processor fans.

try unplugging or otherwise stopping each fan in succession when the noise happens. If the noise goes away you have found your source.

Does your hard drive feel extrememly hot to the touch.Video card fan might have some junk on it also. My old 32 makes a lot of noise

Thanks for your suggestions. I have a buddy that knows a lot more about computers that is going to check that out for me so that I dont mess anything up in doing so. I will let you all know what happens.

I meant that my buddy knows a lot more then I do and wouldnt mess anything up like I might......
sorry just noticed that looked like I meant you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom