3700+ San Diego @ 2.9 Ghz vs FX-57

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI the reasons you're having trouble going any higher is because your LDT ratio and HTT speed are out of whack...you need to lower your LDT ratio to 3x if you plan on going over 250HTT and I'm suprised it's stable right now although I assume it's not 100% load stable

If you manually set it at 4x then :eek: but if its at auto or something it will automatically lower for you, so i just keep it at auto :D

nice job on the OC, go for the 3GHz!!

yes ur deffinetly beating the fx 57, thats about all thats to it. AMD is trippin off there balls for tryin to sell a chip for so much. and i would never buy a cpu my self for more than 240$ overclocking deffinetly extended your dollar.

thought you had to lower your LDT multi to 3 once you got over 250 HTT or you could fry your operating system or somethin. Anyone with more experience know for sure? I am still a bit of a nubcicle myself

Don't you want to keep it as close as possible to 1000MHz?

reggie i think you are very confused. we are talking about the LDT multiplier, something totally different than what you are thinking of. Read Gaara's post, he is the most knowledgable person that has spoken on this thread. He basically knows everything :D

I agree with PZERO I bet you have LDT set to auto so it is just setting it to 3 for u.

You want the LDT x the HTT to about equal 1000MHz.

On stock it is a 5x multiplier and 200MHz HTT. 5 times 200 =1000

If you have the HTT at 250, then you would want a LDT of 4x
so 4 x 250 = 1000

Like Gaara said, just lower it to 3 after 250 HTT

I was, but took it down a notch to increase stability. 21+ hours on prime95 @2.95GHz, no probs and i could have kept it going.

Don't you want to keep it as close as possible to 1000MHz?
You want it below 1000MHz...the way the HTT has been developed specifically with the A64 memory controllers don't benefit from increased frequency

The best example I can come up with is the fact that the data being sent down the HTT is equivelent to five cars, and this is constant...the HTT can be considered a highway with five lanes at 1000MHz, and the highway is built on the edge of the cliff...basically the data can move smoothly at the current speed and increasing it won't improve performance and will only lead to instability since you build a lane off the edge of the cliff and a car drives down it and breaks it

You may also have to bump up LDT voltage to sustain those high HTT speeds but that won't be until 280++

Hearing about all these people getting these 3700+ faster the FX-57 is making me want one more and more.

could a 4000+ oc up to 3Ghz or is that pretty much a oc'ed version of teh 3700+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom