When Overclocking.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
when overclocking a amd athlon 3700+, or any other processor, does it matter what ram u have? or it just depends on how cool your system is..

well for amd 64 processors ur ram becomes the same speed as ur htt. but u will need good ram to do this. u could also just set a divider to ur default 200 mhz or whatever ur speed is. For an examlpe, 5/6 divider becomes 5/6 of ur htt(5/6*htt). that way ur ram doesnt have to oc to the higher htt frequencies. u dont HAVE to have good ram to oc but usually people oc there ram with their cpu. and dont get ocz performance ram(what i have) cause it doesnt oc at all and i have to use a divider which i dont have a problem with. have it at low timings though so that makes up for it. :)

o yea and cooling helps alot 2. keep it under 50C for load.

so if i was gona use corsair value select ram and msi k8n-neo 4-f mobo, and AMD 3700+, how far do u think i can push it? 2.7 gigz?

I doubt you're gonna get 2.7Ghz no a MSI mobo and value select, im guessing more like 2.5Ghz, but if you wanna oc that much invest some money into a DFI Lanparty Ultra-D motherboard, those are meant for ocing.

hmm really eh.. so with DFI i can get that extra .2 ghz, or will i goe even further, maybe 2.8 or 9

.................yeesh.

Overclocking is not an exact science dude. Who the heIl knows what you'll hit. That depends on the CPU more than anything else.

You need a good PSU to deliver a good strong voltage. DFI's are the best board for overclockers but this doesn't guarantee you any higher overclock. For all we know your CPU could max out at 2.1GHz and theres nothing you can do about it.

Asking 'how far do you think I'll get' is like asking how many inches will pour during a rainstorm that just started, it's impossible to tell until AFTER you've already tried it

Nubius said:
Overclocking is not an exact science dude.

It's more like the ability to give a Manufacturer's specifications one of these...
images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom