Building a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryptoKnight

In Runtime
Building a PC: Mega Help!

Hey guys, I was originally going to buy a Dell XPS, but I was told to build my own PC. Well, I don't know how, but I'll learn. Anyways, I'd like to buy all my parts for 1100-1700 dollars (including a 250 dollar monitor). I'm automatically going for a Geforce 7800 gtx(not sure if I should get a 256 mb or a 512 mb) and Some kind of AMD processor: one good for overclocking(an opteron right?) I need your help to decide my case(something that looks good and that would have good circulation) and my parts. On this kind of budget. Please Help!

*bump* in the right direction. I just need good suggestions from newegg, becuase my friend won't help me

terrible PSU, go for OCZ or Antec. stay away from Tt PSUs. but as for coolermaster, they make good cases like the stacker :D i'd stay away from Tt cases i've had a lot of problems with mine...

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D
AMD Athlong 64 X2 3800+ or operton 165
2x1GB OCZ oc'ing ram
eVGA 7800GT
OCZ 500w
Thermaltake Soprano

Thanks guys, posting what I'm getting soon. By the way, what about glass cases? are they any good? If they're not I'm better off getting the first case

Ok... I chose...

basically everything Ridlyn said. I especially like the case! Also, I think that with the overclocking I'll need a water cooling system, but I can only find 200 dollar ones. Is this any good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118111

Oh yea, and the grand total is... (without and with the water cooling system) $1171 without , $1371 with it

That's really good... most people have worse computers than that with an 1100 dollar budget. It's what I expected except for the 7800 gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom