specs for new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overclocking is increasing the speed of your components, such as the CPU. i don't know much about it, but OCing can significantly increase the speed of your system, but voids your warranty, and you have to be careful because you could fry your components with the amount of heat generated. make sure you have adequate cooling if you OC.

someone else might wanna answer because i'm not really into OCing.

ok, unless i'm running half-life2, guild ware, itunes, burning a CD, and copying files at the same time, i dont really need to overclock. either way i'm getting some good fans and something better than the stock fan over the processor.

so i can have overclocking as an option for later, but with my specs i wont really need it will i? please give your opinions

http://xoxide.com/amdsoc462coo.html
one of those maybe!? :D

ok, thats good, thanks

i'm still looking, the MSI K8N Neo4-F seems good, but i want the best performance drive for less than $110 U.S. If the MSI K8N Neo4-F is the best, then i'll get it, but if anything else is better, please tell me, i'll get that.

the motherbaord it probably the hardest chioce i have to make so far, parts wise.

Don't buy one of those heatsinks you posted, because they're for socket A, and the MSI board is a 939. if you're not planning on OCing, and want a great gfx card, i suggest getting this board combo.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=1909641

i bought that combo and am using it in my computer right now, and although its not an OCing board, its a really good board so far (for the week that i've had it) and it comes with the 7800gt. the video card alone is prolly $300, so for $55 more you get a great board and amazing video card. i'm able to run most games on high, except for quake 4, and the board IS x2 ready.

i was planning on getting a mobo CPU combo, with the stats above (4400+, the asus, 2 512mb RAM) for a total of $670

is that a good price?

no its ok, you're building a computer so its in the computer building forum.

i haven't really looked into it, but that deal seems pretty good i guess. when i have more time i'll research it a bit for ya, but you could go on newegg and see what it is there, because they USUALLY have the lowest prices.

found out that now i want the gigabyte SLI version for $94 becuase its the only one compatable with AMD x2 :( but its a good baord :)

if you can find lower prices on newegg, i'll buy from there, otherwise i'll stick with pricewatch.com (problem is it lists good and bad companies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom