what should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Leviathan

Baseband Member
Hey!
i am in the process of building a new dreammachine
and so far ive managed to find a few parts that i thought wolud compliment the MOBO i bought/Asus 8AN-sli-Deluxe socket 939...
i bought a Antec 500WT sli compatible PS, and a AMD athlon 64 3000+.
does anybody have any ideas for other parts that would compliment this board?
and yes this is for heay duty gaming!:D

Lol... You are calling an AMD 3000+ A dreammachine?

Don't expect too much heavy gaming =/...

Hey man, dont be put down by what that other guy said, hes just being a pain. If you've got a budget then thats that, no need to put others down. Anyways since you are on a budget I highly reccoment getting a 6800gs PCIE card, they are pretty cheap and are great for gaming, and apparently the PCIE one overclocks well. Get a gig of ram, I like kingston or OCZ ram but if you find a deal and it has good reviews go for it. Antec cases usually come with good PSUs, if you get a good one with the case you might not even need to buy one. Thats about all I can think of that you need, that is if you can get optical drives and hard drives from your old comp.

Actually i bought a power supply that would compliment the new MOBO
an antec 500Wt sli ready PSU...
one thing about the case is that the PSU is installed in the bottom of the case...
any thoughts/pros-Vrs-Cons on this?

Usually PSUS have a fan pointing downwards which would be weird. If the fan is flipped to point up and the air is blown out the back of the case from the other fan then it should be fine. Never seen a case with the PSU at the bottom though.

Yea! thats what i thought until i found this case!:amazed:
but acording to the photos online the PSU sits smack in the bottom!
several tech friends of mine thought this was strange too..
but as it got a pretty good rating i thought it was worth a try,

one thing i am wondering about is if i was to install a water cooler, or a
Vapochill unit how would that efect its preformance?:confused:

http://www.xoxide.com/antec-p180-case.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom