hal.dll missing or corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
meefle said:
nope same message, u said something about installin the motherboard driver? was i supposed to do that before the installation?

yeah what did you do after you selected F5?

did you see this list

Force in a system HAL
To prevent Windows XP from automatically determining the system HAL during the upgrade or the installation of Windows XP, you can manually force in a system HAL. To force in a system Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) during an upgrade or installation of Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. During the Text-mode phase of the Setup program, when you receive the following message across the bottom of the screen, press F5:
Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.
Note If you press F7, the Standard PC HAL loads and the ACPI compliance check is bypassed.

2. You receive the following list of computer types. A brief description of each HAL is included here:
• ACPI Multiprocessor PC
Applies to a multiple-processor ACPI computer.
• ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Applies to an ACPI multiple-processor board but with a single processor installed.
• Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
Applies to a single processor motherboard with single processor.
• Compaq SystemPro Multiprocessor or 100% Compatible
Applies to a Compaq SystemPro computer.
• MPS Uniprocessor PC
Applies to non-ACPI computers dual processor motherboard with a single processor installed.
• MPS Multiprocessor PC
Applies to non-ACPI computers with a dual processor running.
• Standard PC
Applies to any Standard PC, non-ACPI, or non-MPS. The CPU may be a 386, a 486, a Pentium, a Pentium II, or a Pentium III.
• Standard PC with C-Step i486
• Other

• Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
Applies to a single processor motherboard with single processor.

i clicked that one

when i click other, it says insert the disk labeled "Manufacture-supplied hardware support disk" into drive A:\ then press enter (i dont have a floppy drive) i put the motherboard's support cd in and pressed enter and it said please wait and came up with the Manufacture-supplied hardware...... message again.

motherboard ASRock 775VM800 (its in my signature too)

yeah you will have to type the letter of your cd/dvd drive.

so you are saying it just went back to main menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom