Laptop Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashmoney

Solid State Member
Ok first of all I have a Toshiba Satellite 4090xDVD. When I got it, it didnt come with any memory. I know its gonna use SO-DIMM but what I dont know is what kind like how much (512, 1g) it can take and all will fit this laptop. I looked on Toshiba's website but couldnt find no info on what type of mem to use. If anyone could tell me I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

take the ram chip that you have out & look at its speed, get watever size you want IN THAT SPEED OR FASTER, the last thing you want is for laptop ram to be overclocked, you may also want it to be a matching stick but i dont know if laptops run in dual channel

Well see it didnt come with the memory in it. I'm only 16 and my comp. engineerin teacher at my school told us if we cleaned out this back room in his class we could have the laptops back there so i picked this one up cuz it was prob the nicest of them. So I got it for free and the only thing I need is the ac adaptor and this memory. Anyways will this mem off of tigerdirect work:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1558879

Either the Crucial or the Corsair should work. ANd they are about the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom