driver_irql_not_less_than_or_equal_to

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieben

Beta member
Sieben,

I have a fatal1ty an8 sli motherboard, amd 64 3500, 1 gig ram (ultra), sata 300 gb hard drive, and win xp. My comp keeps crashing at random moments: while gaming, ripping cds, surfing the net, and shortly after bootup. It shows me driver_irql_not_less_than_or_equal_to with http.sys at the bottom. I ran memtestv8 and everything was good after 24 passes. When I messed with new network drivers, and firewall stuff it simply increased the number of crashes until it would crash as soon as windows logged me on. I reinstalled win xp. It lessened the problem, but it still crashes once or twice a day at very inopportune moments. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You need to do a review of the IRQ addresses and the peripherals running in each. I would think that you need to isolate the video card in a specific IRQ. That error indicates that the bandwidth for one of your IRQ addresses is not cablable of running the periperals addressed to it. The other hint that it might be the PCIe video card interrupt is that this issue worsens when playing games and the card is sucking up the max bandwidth for that IRQ address. You need to right click on my computer and then get a visual on each IRQ address and what peripherals are residing there. You may have to manually set the IRQ for your PCIe card so that it will run alone.

Edit: Did you run memtest86 a full 24 hours? Becasue that is the best choice for this error although I would review the PCI bandwidth issue. another issue may be CPU core temperature running to high. Is it heavily overclocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom