Batch file to run FDISK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
Hey, I signed up just to ask this question :D I would like to make a batch file to run fdisk, since I do a lot of partitioning and installing of 98. I know how to script basic batch files, like ECHO, REM, start /wait, that kinda thing. But what Im looking to do is for a batch file to ask me:

How many partitions would you like to create
What size would you like to make it

And to automatically set the first one active, and format both partitions. So for example it asks and I say:

How many partitions would you like to create
>>2
What size or percentage would you like to make partition 1?
>>80%
What size or percentage would you like to make partition 2?
>>20%
Formatting...
...... Done

How would I do this? Please keep in mind that although Im new to this forum Im not new at computers :) Thanks

I dont see how this would work unless it was performed within windows on a secondary hard drive

You couldnt boot off a floppy? Thats what I do now, except that I have to enter the commands by hand. It would be nice just to pop in a floppy, enter the values, and away it goes.

How can a bat be recognized only in windows when I use an opendos floppy to reflash Seagate Xbox harddrives? It loads autoexec.bat and runs the commands.

Don't know about Xbox's... Why don't you try to create your batch file and run it without windows on the HDD? Let me know how it works.

Umm it works? No joke, I just booted from a Windows 98 boot disk, made a bat file called test.bat and put

@ECHO OFF
ECHO If you see this it works
pause

Saved it to C:
Went C:\test.bat and it showed up 'If you see this it works' I know bat files work in DOS now. Or whatever its called that boots from a Windows 98 Bootdisk, if its some form of Windows.

Like we said... There needs to have a windows environment present to run a .bat. Doesn't matter if its a bootable cd or a installed copy of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom