3700+ San Diego @ 2.9 Ghz vs FX-57

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats what I mean..probably..lol, I don't know it all yet, this is my first build!

edit: So I don't have a FSB, even though in BIOS it says "CPU FSB clock"?

I thought you had to lower your LDT multi to 3 once you got over 250 HTT or you could fry your operating system or somethin. Anyone with more experience know for sure? I am still a bit of a nubcicle myself :(

i've heard that you had to lower it to 3x also, but I haven't had any problems...doesn't make it ok, but still, i haven't had any problems.

you are doing better than a stock FX57 but if you had one you wouldn't leave it stock. :) 3 GHz no problem on the 57.

Id say the difference between the 57 and yours is that you can overclock the FX-57 further, but yours may be unstable if you did that.

Very few actually own the 57 and have real experience with it. I can't say how good or bad it OCs but i'd put money on the 57 blowing your 3700 away when OCed... lots of money. :)

The point is that no one buys the 57 cause you can get similar speeds by OCing a system that costs WAY less =)

True the 57 will probably OC further but considering no one would notice in anything other than benchmarks I figure it is pointless to spend that kind of cash for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom