Need help finding Dell MOB model and how much ram it takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bomb

Solid State Member
Hey I bought a used Dell computer a while ago and I'm thinking about upgrading the ram I know that it takes PC 133 Ram but I need to find the model number of the motherboard to see if it can accepts the 2 512mb sticks that I found a good deal on. I'm not sure if it would accept that much ram. So does anyone have any ideas of where I could find the model of the motherboard on the board itself and where I can find info about it.
Thanks

SHAWN- It doesnt appear to have a service tag
ced: I tried that already and it was of little help. And the people at Dell wont even talk to me without a service #

does it have a pentium 3 cpu if it does most p3 mobos are limited to 768
so you need 1* 512 and 1* 256 if you have two ram slots
or 3* 256 like i had in my old pentium 3 which had 3 ram slots

p10100894ql.jpg

Thats my motherboard.
Its got a very early Pentium 4 processor in it (1.74 Ghz i think)
Its got 2 total slots for ram.

Trotter said:
Download Belarc Advisor (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1385) and run it. It is only 836KB, very small.

Advisor will give you the model number of your mobo, as well as an inventory of all your hardware and software in the computer.

That sh*t is creepy. I almost want to delete it because of how much detail it gave me for everything.

Also - When it gave me the results, it posted it in Mozilla. However, is that just how it displays the results, or is it displayed THROUGH a web site? Meaning, does Belarc send my hardware/software information TO a web site which in turn posts it for my viewing? Or is the results page I'm seeing just "not online?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom