Purple Flickering?! Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin364

Beta member
About 3 weeks ago I built a brand new system. It's been running perfectly up until now. For the past two days I have noticed that the color flickers on my monitor. Every once in awhile the entire screen turns purple for a split-second. I can still see everything on my desktop and whatnot, but it's like looking through purple-colored glasses.

Sometimes instead of the entire screen turning purple, little bands of purple will run along the width of the screen.

My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 740a and my graphics card is a ATI Radeon X700 Pro. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

check the cable mojnitor connector to your video card. It might be lose. Is this a new monitor? CRT or LED? I doubt it is the video card. Sounds more like either the cable is lose or your monitor is taking a dump! EDIT: Swap out with an old monitor and run it for a day and see if the problem repeats itself.

Yeah...this is a brand new LCD monitor. It's probably just the connector...I'm going to try a different connector if it happens again. So far I have reconnected to the monitor cable and haven't seen any purple streaks....yet!

Rico beat me to it.

Sounds like a loose connection or a bad monitor cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom