Terrible Fps in all games *please help*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiften

Beta member
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Basically this battle with my computer started after i installed my new DVD burner and reformatted. I wanted to reformat because i felt my computer could use a good cleaning. When i installed my Dvd Burner i set the jumpers wrong, and my comp freaked, and for about an hour it wouldnt post, and thru the onboard sound, it was saying system failed cpu test. Now, i just uplugged everything and let it sit for about 45 mins, and it was working fine (remeber this was before the format.) After i got everything settled with that, i began to reformat, doing it the windows "long" way but i kept my music and such backed up on a seperate partition. After i formatted, i imediatly installed sp2, and updated and restarted my comp until it was done. I then installed all the necessary software for anti virus and anti spyware. Also, when installing my Dvd burner i was VERY carefull to ground myself when working with my hardware

After all that i installed css, bf2, and need for speed most wanted. Before the reformat i was getting 120fps+ in cs, 80+ in bf2, and about 80-100 in nfs. That is with all settings maxed and AA 2x and AF 4x. Now, i get 40-60 in cs, 30-60 in nfs, and 20-40 in bf2. Now those arent entirely "unplayable" i know, but after having it run silk for 9 months...its a huge change for me, plus i KNOW my hardware should be able to handle it. Here's my system setup...

Thermaltake Tsunami Case
Antec trueblue 480watt psu (rails are plenty good)
Amd 64 3500+ s939 winchester
Asus A8V deluxe
1gb (512x2) dual channel corsair valueram
eVGA 6800gt @ 410/1150
Soundblaster Audigy pro zs gamers
Maxtor 200gb Sata hd 7200rpm

Thank you for reading again,
and thanks in advance for any help

-Swiften-

Did you install the latest version of Direct X and the latest video drivers? Also, what video card are you using?

Yes i have the newest drivers, and i always use a driver cleaner to make sure everything is fresh

I have the newest version of directx.

I am begining to think more and more that its a new update released on steam for cs, because there are thousands of people on the steam forums that have posted the same problems, but mine extends to all my games.

-Swiften-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom