New system wont boot... fans spin half way and stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmoin

Beta member
Hi,

I am having trouble getting my new system to boot.

CPU= AMD 3700+ (ada3700bnbox)
mobo= Asrock 939s56-m

When switched on the fans all spin once and then stop. There are no bleeps.

It is not the PSU. It cannot be... I have tried several. It is not the ram. I have tried many sticks.

The only thing I can think is that the mobo does not support this processor without a bios upgrade- thats what Asrock's website tells me. But I caanot upgrade the bios without the system booting up.

Could this cause the system to act as it is doing? Or is there some other possible explanation?

Thanks for any help

Im not sure about the BIOS Flash however you would really need to refer to their Tech support for more information why the mobo doesn't support that CPU without a Flash.

I don't think it would cause the Power to go off after a few seconds though.

Trying booting with only RAM, CPU and Video card.

If it still doesn't work then try motherboard out of case on a hard surface. Again with only CPU, RAM and Video card.

Make sure Motherboard has the 4 Pin an 24/20 Pin connector installed and properly connected. Make sure if video card has a molex connector that it is connected.

yeah, thanks for the help.

I am pretty sure its not shorting out, but I guess I could give that a try.

I am coming to the conclusion that it is the mobo which is broken.

its all about troubleshooting for now...try power it up with only the core components. I had this happen on a build a couple years back and the funny thing is, i reseeded the processor and HSF and then it booted! makes no sense to me but it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom