New Dual Core Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbs

Solid State Member
(Temps are fine from what I can tell. Max ive seen is 45 C)

I built this machine about a month ago, and everything seemed to work fine. Then Steam (Half life Multiplayer app) and Half-Life 2 kept crashing. I thought it was a problem with their last update, because a lot of people were complaining about it. Then i was just transferring files over my home network and I got a NTFS.SYS blue screen of death. It said a driver caused this error. I've gotten this error about 3 times now. Its happend while im playing a game, and its happend while its been idle also. I just upgraded my Video drivers to 81.98(It happend before this too) and chipset drivers are the newest. I installed the processor driver a while ago and I have the newest Raid drivers. I don't know what this could be, but i notices a slight flicker in my display for about 20 secs, it happens randomly. Like little black lines going horizontally up and down the screen. Let me know what you guys think, Thanks!

Edit - Yesterday the computer ran fine, i transferred files, Played games and everything. I'm going to try the memory 1 stick at a time. I cant switch out the psu or the vid card, because i dont have a 400watt+ psu spare or a pci-e vid card. only thing i have spare is 350 watt and some old ddr ram. Which are currently being used. Let me know what you guys think. THANKS!

thanks man, temps are fine like i said but it seems that it was the ram. ill keep ya posted.

Well.. I tested with 1 memory stick each. 1 worked, the other didnt. The memory stick that didn't work I sent back to corsair and I got the same exact type back and put it in.. and it still didnt work. Right now I'm running on one memory module and i get no blue screens or game crashes. With the other stick in, I do. Any IDEAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom