Some Network Connection icons dissappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly4High

In Runtime
Some Network Connection icons disappeared!

Someone help, pls!
I've found something missing in my laptop, my Local Area Connection and other Connection icon had been disappeared!
But I could still connect to the Internet and the Local Area Connection small icon at the bottom right still existed!
Don't know why!
Could someone help me! It's urgently!
Thanks in advance!!!

Yeah, still the same, it's must be something missing, maybe some dlls or components... I don't know what!
Can you help!
Thanks a lot!!!;)

reinstall your network drivers

if nothing happens, you have to open the case, and make sure nothing is loose in there

I went through most step of Troubleshoot missing Network Connections icons in WinXP at support.microsoft.com but it still not help! Also, I reinstalled the driver but it wasn't seem to get the icons back!
What should I do now???
Thanks!

Yeah, of course...
Nothing there, just like it's never in there before!
That's strange, huh!
Pls help!

Click Start, Run and type CMD and press Enter
Run the following commands one-by-one and press Enter after each command:

regsvr32 netshell.dll
regsvr32 netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 netman.dll

or

XP Repair install

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, read this Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom