Finally Built it

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice pc.. pretty much identical to mine except the cpu. i just got HL2 and played it for the first time today. its a truly beautiful game.. its unlike anything ive ever seen before. im having technical issues with it but otherwise.. i cant stop playing. good luck with your pc. and BTW if youve played halflife 1 or not. you should get #2. its really amazing.. and im only in the 2nd chapter

both you guys have built about the same computer i wanna build... i would imagine it runs great... only for now i must be shafted with a 6800 gt until i can fork up more cash to get the 7800 gt

yea this pc is really great... dont worry about the 6800gt or the 7800gt. there is a difference.. but the 6800gt is a really good card and will be fine until you get the 7800

NosBoost300 said:
both you guys have built about the same computer i wanna build... i would imagine it runs great... only for now i must be shafted with a 6800 gt until i can fork up more cash to get the 7800 gt

yeah i love this computer. i was a little scared about building my own, and i worried that with my luck even though the specs looked good it would suck. i was wrong, i love this computer and it only cost about $1400 with a keyboard, os, and ms office. yeah i wouldn't worry too much about the 7800 vs. the 6800 though. i was planning on getting the 6800gs, until I saw this deal and got it. its an amazing deal, and just because its an unknown mobo doesn't mean it sucks. its actually been working fine for the past 4 days i've had it, but i'm not OCing.

so if you're looking to build, i suggest getting that deal because it was a great deal.

infiltrator7 said:
yeah i love this computer. i was a little scared about building my own, and i worried that with my luck even though the specs looked good it would suck. i was wrong, i love this computer and it only cost about $1400 with a keyboard, os, and ms office. yeah i wouldn't worry too much about the 7800 vs. the 6800 though. i was planning on getting the 6800gs, until I saw this deal and got it. its an amazing deal, and just because its an unknown mobo doesn't mean it sucks. its actually been working fine for the past 4 days i've had it, but i'm not OCing.

so if you're looking to build, i suggest getting that deal because it was a great deal.

i 2nd that Evga deal. the mobo works fine... it worked well with all of my components. im happy i went that way because my original plan was an Asus mobo and the 6800gs. i was gettin the 6800 to compenstate for the price of the mobo. im happy with my decisions

biggjoee5790 said:
to needacpu: yea i have everest.. its a great program except that it doesnt tell me my CPU temp.. only HD and GPU.

to infiltrator: yea man the mobos workin great for me.. my only complaint was a problem while building. i dunno if this was amds fault or evga but for some reason.. my stock heatsink didnt fit perfectly... it was to tight so right now my heatsink is attached just by the 2 side clips... it was too tight to lower that little black lever. it doesnt seem to be a problem because my temperature in bios when i start up is 34c so i guess the contact between the heatsink and CPU is ok

OMG!!! me to... now im not sure if i can even get the Heatsink off anymore :O, because i think the Leaver is there to get the Heatsink off, not sure tho. The CPU is like 50c when it isnt under load... so im gonna take it to a store and make them fit a better heatsink+fan and reapply that thermal gel.

fury36 said:
OMG!!! me to... now im not sure if i can even get the Heatsink off anymore :O, because i think the Leaver is there to get the Heatsink off, not sure tho. The CPU is like 50c when it isnt under load... so im gonna take it to a store and make them fit a better heatsink+fan and reapply that thermal gel.

WOW thats a relief.. its not only me.. well you dont have my mobo but u have my cpu so i guess that means the amd heatsink is to blame. the lever is just used to apply pressure and lock the heatsink in place. i figured that since mine is sooooo tight already.. the lever wouldnt be needed. guess i was right because if there wasnt good contact between the cpu and heatsink.. i wouldnt be getting the temps im getting ( idle 35c)

Yeah, its fine aslong as its making direct contact. The mistake i made was leaving the Heatsink ontop of the CPU overnight and then i took it off again and adjusted the heatsink properly into place, which made the thermal gel screw up (i think).

yea i did the same thing... the gel even got kinda hard. but i guess when i pushed it back on.. it got warm again and worked fine.

Well, you can get allot better gel then what the heatsink came with... Thats why im going to change mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom