Using 7800Gt's Video in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed_climber

Baseband Member
I recently got a Evga 7800GT and I love it. It rocks, I just had to say it. Anyways I was reading the manual and it says it has S-Video in. I was just wondering how I would use this feature.

I recently upgraded my cable tv box to high def, so I was thinking about connecting it to my computer with this s-video in. The cable box has s-video. How would I go about doing this? If I did do this could I use pvr functions if I downloaded some pvr software?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me,

Scotty

S-VIDEO on a videocard is for display purposes. Connect an S-Cable to the videocard, then to a TV and set your display settings to DUAL display mode. You can use a TV to extend your desktop. This comes in very handy for DVD or Video Playback.

S-VIDEO does not have PVR capabilities. You'll need a card with a TV tuner.

Yeah, S-Video is only 1 way.. computer to TV. U will need a TV tuner card or a better video card supporting VIVO.

Well not trying to be negative, but I already knew that most videocard's only have s-video out. Acttualy I gave I presentation today with the s-video out on my laptop.
svideo2.jpg

svideo1.jpg

The 7800Gt does have VIVO, it has 2 s-vidios, one s-video out and one s-video in. I guess I should have said that :D. It even shows arrows on the connectors. one going towards the cable one going away from it. So I'm pretty sure it supports it

yeah but your forgetting not many/any TVs have S-Vid Out. To get the TV to show on my computer i have the plug AV out into the red plug on the vivo adapter.

For memory it says Comp IN. But i cannot get sound on the computer... because VIVO is Video In Video out.. no audio. So for me to get sound i will have to by/make a coxial to speaker jack cable.

well I was planning on using my digital cable tv box which has s-video out. And I was planning on using the audio in on my sound card. Sound good?

my soundcard has an audio in but its not the coxial connection its just the normal size connection for speakers. If my TV had an earphone jack i would be able to but it dosnt.

Crazed_climber said:
well I was planning on using my digital cable tv box which has s-video out. And I was planning on using the audio in on my sound card. Sound good?

i wonder if it would have any trouble syncing the video and audio (likem timing issues) since you would be using two different pieces of hardware. hope you get it to work though, sorry i cant lend any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom