damaged CPU or motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjames84

In Runtime
Hello

Ever since yesterday I have been having problems with my computer, I tried to get cpu temp down with my orbII cpu fan but when i turned on the computer after administering more thermal paste the D-bracket said that my processor was either damaged or installed wrong so I then put the Stock fan on the cpu (p4) after taking the paste off with bit of rubbing alchol.

It seemed to work fine untill today when it said my harddrive was corrupt so I ran the chkdsk and it said my harddrive had been repaired but when I rebooted i couldnt copy and paste from the webbrowser and the applications were not appearing on the taskbar.

I then went to repair windows but it got stuck on 37mins so i rebooted and the same thing happend, stuck on installing devices 37 mins remaining.

I then rebooted and am currently formating my computer and installing a fresh copy of windows.

I have only had my processor about 4 days same with the motherboard and windows was last installed last week on friday.

Could it be that the reason it isnt working propely is because when I last installed windows I did a quick format and not a proper one or is my processor damaged? or my motherboard.

if your PC turns on and beeps it should be fine. Just do a complete reformatt and it should be fine. Oh yes.. and there is a such thing as to much thermal paste, your meant to have about .5 of a mm thick layer over the dye of the cpu.

seems to be doing good after format and reinstall.

I even did a benchmark on the CPU and results came up normal, the temperture when idle is around 39-41 C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom